Punjab government orders re-investigation of Korian and Gojra Muslim mob attacks

Image

Faisalabad: March 5, 2010. (Shahid Anwar) On the directives of Rana Sanaullah, Provincial Law Minister, Punjab, an investigation into Korian and Gojra attacks had been restarted in January 2010

because complainants were not contented with pervious investigations. He deputed Mr. Yousaf Ali Hurl, Senior Superintendent of Police, SSP-Faisalabad, for supervising said investigation. In Gojra case, SSP recorded about 45 statements of complainant party and 30 statements of accused party for declaring their innocence. In Korian case, he recorded about 5 statements of aggrieved party and 46 statements of aggressors for claiming themselves as innocent. The next hearing of said investigation will be heard on 8th March 2010.
Update Gojra and Korian attacks:

BRIEF HISTORY OF INCIDENT:
On the evening of 30th July 2009, a mob attacked Christian community on the accusation of alleged blasphemy by Mukhtar Masih, Talib Masih and his son Imran Masih of village Korian (7km from Gojra), District Toba Tek Singh. During the violent attacks, armed mob torched 57 homes of Christians, looted their belongings and desecrated the churches and religious books. In reaction to alleged desecration of the Holy Quran in Korian Village, another mob attacked Christian Colony in Gojra city on 1st August 2009. They burnt down 68 houses and killed 7 Christians including three women and two children, plundered their belongings and ransacked churches. Afterwards, separate cases were registered against hundred of attackers involved in both cases.
The National Commission for Justice and Peace (NCJP), Faisalabad is legally pursuing both the cases. The recent developments in said cases are as follows:

GOJRA CASE:
On 2nd March 2010, 42 accused of Gojra attacks were produced before Judge of Anti Terrorism Court (ATC) Faisalabad, including 6 detained accused and 36 were those who are on bail. These 42 accused will be re-produced before court on 16th March 2010 for charge frame. The police has already declared 47 accused as fugitive; those were nominated in FIR (First Information Report) and supplementary statements by complainant and witnesses.

KORIAN CASE:
On 2nd March 2010, 54 accused of Korian attacks were produced before Judge of Anti Terrorism Court (ATC) Faisalabad, including 8 detained accused and 46 were those who are on bail. These 54 accused will be re-appeared before court on 16th March 2010 for charge frame. The police has already announced 49 accused as absconder.

You May Also Like

Image

The Holy Spirit brings harmony within us and among us; Says Pope at Mass

Vatican City: June 9, 2019. (Vatican News) Celebrating Mass on the solemnity of Pentecost in St. Peter’s Square, Pope Francis urged the faith

Image

Pope calls for humble and free journalism that serves truth and goodness

Vatican City: May 19, 2019. (Vatican News) Pope Francis is encouraging a humble and free journalism that does not indulge in selling the “rot

Image

Explosions kill more than 200 in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday

Defense Minister Ruwan Wijewardena, who described the blasts as a terrorist attack by religious extremists, told reporters Sunday evening that seve



"Trial of Pakistani Christian Nation" By Nazir S Bhatti

On demand of our readers, I have decided to release E-Book version of "Trial of Pakistani Christian Nation" on website of PCP which can also be viewed on website of Pakistan Christian Congress www.pakistanchristiancongress.org . You can read chapter wise by clicking tab on left handside of PDF format of E-Book.

nazirbhattipcc@aol.com , pakistanchristianpost@yahoo.com