President is urged intervention in J&K, release political leaders before holding any election
02 Oct 2019
New Delhi: October 1, 2019. (PCP) Prof.Bhim Singh, Chief Patron of National Panthers Party has urged the President of India, Shri Ramnath Kovind to convene an urgent meeting with leadership of J&K state parties. This is possible only after the illegal detentions and horrifying deterrence is stopped by the state government. The confidence of the people of J&K is important factor to create appropriate atmosphere to hold any election to the Panchayats or the Assembly. In his letter addressed to the President of India reproduced herewith as under: -
“I am taking this liberty of writing another request to your honour urging on the President of India to call an urgent meeting of main representatives (Presidents & Secretaries) of all the regional parties of J&K as well as the representatives of national political parties operating in J&K. This is essential as there is total breakdown in communication between the state government which is undergoing through President’s Rule as well as the representatives of even the recognized political parties.
It is surprising that the senior leadership of all the recognized state political parties is either detained under the so-called illegal Public Safety Act or under some other false cases and there is no communication between the senior officials working in J&K under President’s Rule with any of the political parties in J&K even though the Act of the Parliament to amend Article 370 was passed by the Parliament and shall be implemented after October 31, 2019. Declaration to hold election for the Chairmen of Block Development Council shall not bring any positive result because the political leadership is in jails. There is no political movement allowed in J&K. Holding election on party basis without allowing the political parties to canvass for the polls shall be a mockery and shall bring no desirable response.
Your honour, the response of the voters in J&K is necessary to involve the people of J&K in the election. The present system in J&K say under President’s Rule has not been accepted by the people of J&K and therefore I urge upon your honour to kindly consider my proposals in the interest of restoration of democracy, peace and rule of law in J&K.
1. I urge the President to release leaders including sitting Members of Parliament, Former Ministers and Legislators of all political parties from detention immediately.
2. All the political activists/workers detained under Public Safety Act need to be released forthwith without any delay to win the confidence of the people of the state in democracy and rule of law.
3. That an urgent meeting of all the senior representatives including the party heads and sitting Members of Parliament as well as Legislators deserve to be released unconditionally.
4. Your honour the world shall appreciate and people of J&K shall welcome your honour to convene an urgent meeting of the representatives of all the recognized political parties including that of ex-Legislators of Hurriyat Conference and People Conference. This will give an opportunity to the people of J&K to rethink about the Act of Parliament which has amended Article 370 bringing drastic change in Article 370.
5. Your honour when the Hon’ble President of India exercising his authority has expunged Article 35-A from the Constitution of India which was not introduced by the Parliament. After the expiry of Article 35-A the entire Chapter-III of the Constitution of India vis-à-vis Fundamental Rights stands applicable in respect of all residents of J&K. The J&K government cannot under President’s Rule has no constitutional authority to use Public Safety Act and detained the Indian citizens residing in J&K. The Hon’ble President is urged to kindly seek appropriate advice of Attorney-General of India. All those arrested/detained under Public Safety Act in J&K deserve to be released from detention forthwith. This is rule of law and the people of J&K are looking towards the grave noble President of India to ensure that rule of law returns to the State of J&K. The elections to the Panchayat Council by force or trick shall not work for the return of peace and democracy in J&K.
6. It is also urged that Hon’ble President may be pleased to take appropriate steps to ensure that State of J&K is brought back Jammu and Kashmir on the list of recognized states. Bringing J&K in the list of Union Territory shall be recorded as one of blunders of the Central Govt. vis-à-vis Jammu and Kashmir. The Prime Minister had assured that J&K shall be restored back to its original status, statehood. The Union Territory status for J&K is not acceptable by the people of J&K. This is in the hands of the government to declare that J&K continues to be a recognized state like other 28 states in the country. Let Ladakh enjoys that status they have been looking for and struggling for long.
Your honour consultation with the leadership of the all recognized political parties operating in J&K shall restore peace, confidence and democracy in J&K again.”