Srinagar/ Jammu: An urgent meeting of senior office bearers of the Secretariat of JKNPP was held. The Secretariat unanimously urged the President of India, Shri Ramnath Kovind, to restore the statehood of Jammu and Kashmir without any delay. The NPP has also demanded an immediate election of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly which has remained dead since 19th June, 2018 when Governor Rule was imposed and Assembly dissolved later.
JKNPP Secretariat has urged the President of India to issue an urgent notification for the restoration of statehood of Jammu and Kashmir which was established by the Founder Maharaja Gulab Singh in 1846. This is first time in the life of one of the oldest states in the Union of India which was reduced to a skeleton of a Union Territory comprises only one half of the territory of Jammu and Kashmir as nearly half of the territory of Jammu and Kashmir including POK, Gilgit-Baltistan as well as the Chinese controlled territories in Gilgit & Ladakh sector have been under an illegal occupation of Pakistan and China since 1948 in violation Security Council resolution on 13th January 1950.
1. The Panthers Party stands for the restoration of statehood of Jammu and Kashmir without any delay in the national interest and security of the State.
2. The Panthers Party stands for an immediate and urgent election for the Assembly of J&K which has been kept in chaos since 1918. The Panthers Party has demanded holding Assembly election at the earliest so that a democratic government shall be restored in J&K with the involvement of the electorates of J&K.
3. There is urgent need to end dictatorial and forcible rule and restoration of democracy so that Delimitation of Assembly Constituencies shall be held immediately after restoration of democratic government in J&K.
4. It should be left on the democratic state government so constituted to hold delimitation of the constituencies elected in accordance with the mandate of the Constitution which is applicable to the entire State of J&K after Article 35A was revoked by the President of India.
5. The Panthers Party has challenged the BJP government of its unconstitutional designs to demolish the entire political structure in J&K with the intention to demolish its history, democracy and secular character. The Union Govt. has no constitutional authority to control the State of J&K as a Union Territory. Nor there is any rule of law or principles of democracy to continue the President’s Rule on the one pretext on the other
This is a conspiracy to demolish the entire democratic and political structure in J&K by the BJP leadership demolishing its political system which was introduced by the Maharaja in 1939 holding Praja Sabha election and kept going since 1950.
Harsh Dev Singh, Chairman JKNPP, Balwant Singh Mankotia, President JKNPP, Masood Andrabi, Vice President-JKNPP, Yash Paul Kundal, General Secretary JKNPP, Mrs. Tasleem Kousar and Prof. Bhim Singh, Chief Patron & Founder-JKNPP had signed this letter.